
Joining Grace this week for Five Faves, as Hallie is away on vacation.
My birthday was on Monday, and so I'm featuring some favorites from the day.
1. Dover has this series of books called Everyday Fashions, each book organized by decade. The books feature reprints of the Sears catalogs from that decade (1900s, 1910s, etc). Being the vintage-loving gal that I am, I've been wanting the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s editions for a while. I have kids, so casual dressing is a must, and I find the catalog inspiration is great!
Anyway, my hubby got me the 1940s and 1950s books for my birthday! I've not had a lot of time to go through them yet, but just a cursory glance told me I was going to get lots of ideas!!
2. This card, written by Piglet (under my husband's supervision). I especially love the last line, followed by, "Love, Papa, et al."
3. Angels at Ephesus. I don't remember right now where I first read about these nuns (possibly Jen), but I previewed on amazon and it immediately went on my birthday list. I received the CD as another birthday gift and I'm so excited to listen to it.
4. Okay, so this one wasn't a birthday gift, but it is a favorite right now: Champion motorcycle cover. Not because I have a motorcycle, but because I have a large double stroller that we have to park outside. I was always loathe to do this before, because bike covers are filmsy and admit water (and we live in a swamp that gets monsoon-type rain on a regular basis), but this motorcycle cover is da bomb. We have gotten crazy amounts of rain this week at night, and when I pulled the cover off the morning, the stroller was completely dry (even the underbasket!). Win.


5. I'm kind of getting into the early 1930s right now for fashion and hair, and I've been digging thisYouTube tutorials for fingerwaves (she has some great tutorials for various types of vintage styles, but this one has a fun soundtrack and is easily replicable, unlike many fingerwave tutorials I've seen).

very fun! some nice gifts too!
ReplyDeleteI wish I would have thought of the motorcycle cover for my double!! Ingenious! I used to have a similar living situation as you and I would wrestle that darn stroller into the house where it would take up the entire entry way. Luckily there was never a fire because it totally blocked the door.
ReplyDeleteI was reading an older post of yours regarding driving more rather than taking the bus and train and your reasons for doing so. I also started driving instead of public transportation, but that happened after baby #2, so you held out a lot longer than I did! I think in this season of life, simplifying our routines (as much as we can while still living our values) is a real life saver. For me, having less stuff makes life easier because I am not always picking it up and organizing it and moving it from room to room all day long. Even if I have to do more laundry, for me that is easier than organizing. Its okay to change our routines on an as needed basis.