--1--
About three weeks ago, I discovered an odd looking spot on my hip, went in to have it checked, and the doctor said I should get a punch biopsy to check it out. (I'm skin cancer waiting to happen, given my family history and skin tone, so I'm kind of paranoid about odd spots). I told her to do the biopsy right then, since I had no idea how long it would take me to get in to see a dermatologist (my previous experience with dermatology had not been great on that front). So she had me lay on my side and started drilling away. Listen, I've had four children without drugs, and that punch HURT. Turns out it was a dysplastic nevi, which is not malignant, but has the potential to be, so she sent me on to dermatology for follow up. I went this morning, and the lovely dermatologist gave me a full body scan, looked at the site of the biopsy, and said they'd do a bigger resection of the area. I admit, I was a little afraid of the pain. Then she pulled out a lovely little needle full of lidocaine. Oh the bliss. I didn't feel a thing!! And now I'm wondering why the heck my GP didn't use one on the initial punch! So I'm now sporting a few more stitches in my hip, but at least everything should be cleared out.
--2--
Please somebody, for the love of all that is holy, tell me that my children will someday be able to dress themselves without constant hectoring from me. My eldest is particularly bad, as he can dress himself, he just chooses not to. He dawdles, loses his concentration, gets distracted by something and spends approximately 20 minutes every morning wandering around stark naked while I or my husband exhort him to put his underpants on. And then his shirt. And then his pants. And socks. And....well you get the idea. It is frustrating. Boo is still unable to dress himself, but can help at least, so that is something. He just fights getting out of his pajamas every morning, so it takes two of us to hold him down and get him dressed. Gah.
--3--
I was going to say something about the election (specifically, independent candidates), but I've decided to refrain, and instead leave you with this little gem.
--4--
I went to Target earlier this week for a rare run, mostly because we needed some things that are difficult to get locally or online, plus Boo needed bloodwork and Quest was near the Target store. One of the things we had to get was a new winter hat for Boo. Normally I try to shop for these sorts of things sans children, because they tend to pick out things I'm not crazy about, but sometimes it can't be helped. So Boo is now sporting a trendy Lightening McQueen pilot cap and hasn't taken it off since Monday. He's even been sleeping in it. We also bought him some house slippers, since his old ones didn't fit and there wasn't a pair from Piglet to go into. He's been sleeping in them as well. Whatever makes him happy, I guess. We've been having a lot of two or three pacifier days lately.
--5--
I really like hot dogs, much to my husband's chagrin. I usually reserve them for days when he is out of town, and so one night this week when he was away, the kids and I had hot dogs for dinner. Everyone was happy, it was fast, and easy to clean up. A win-win in my book. At least until 1:00 a.m. when Birdie threw up all over the place. I think that might just have put me right off the stuff. Plus it was super to have to give her a bath, wash her sheets, pajamas, blanket, and so on at that hour. Plus the whole fact that it was about 62 degrees in the house and it took a while for the tankless water heater to kick on when I was bathing Birdie. Poor thing was blue and shivering by the end. Not to worry, I got her bundled up well and back to bed with clean sheets and a fresh bottle and she slept the rest of the night without incident. Probably just a freak occurrence and not the beginning of something else. At least, I hope not. If you don't hear from me this time next week, you'll know that we have succumbed to the dreaded stomach flu. So far so good.
--6--
Okay, I know this is totally frivolous, but when one feels yucky for weeks on end, Netflix is a good place to be. I've been rewatching Alias, as I wrote last week, but I also started in on Ringer, a show that I read about last year when it premiered. So far I'm liking it. (Doesn't hurt that Ioan Gruffuld stars with Sarah Michelle Gellar). I'm curious to see where the season goes. I've also decided to whittle down my network shows to three: Scandal, CSI, and CSI: NY. I'm sort of tired of everything else I was watching.
--7--
I finally got it together and photographed some things I made recently.
I made both of these a few weeks ago when my husband was away (again!). Both are CASEd from the catalog. I usually don't love the samples in the big catalog, but this year, there were so many good ones, I actually bought quite a few sets on the strength of the samples! Both of these cards fall into that category!
Go see Jen and Co. for more Quick Takes!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!