Friday, November 30, 2012

7QT: Card Parade Edition (aka Lazy Bones Edition)


So this week has chewed me up and spit me out, and I just don't have the mental or emotional energy to write about it, so I'm going to do a card parade!! I've been making a lot of cards for From Our Hearts these last weeks, and I wanted to show a few as they are super simple designs that are easy to replicate, but still look nice.  See you next week for real quick takes (at least, I hope...)

--1--

I mostly tried to let the designer series paper guide my designs, and let the pattern of the paper shine.





--2--

I also tried to be efficient about using up the scraps.





--3--

I pulled out sets I'd never used, or only used once or twice and made sure to incorporate them!





--4--

I tried to keep the designs very simple and easy to reproduce.




--5--

Sometimes, the best way to let the paper shine was to use a simple sentiment on a paper flag with a small embellishment.  Easy and elegant!




--6--

I'm really digging all the framelits this year!!  I hardly make a card anymore without pulling them out.  I especially like the windows framelits and the apothecary accents (as you can see...)  And while I didn't think I'd love the coordinating framelit/stamp bundles, I'm actually finding them pretty nifty.





--7--

Although this little image (Friendship, yes please) had to be cut out by hand.  Since I only had a few cards that used it, it wasn't a big deal!






Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!