Friday, November 23, 2012

7QT: Thanksgiving Edition


--1--

I almost wasn't going to post this week because, well, it is Thanksgiving, I've got my father-in-law staying with us, and well, I still feel lousy.  But then I started reading other posts from the other Quick Takers (is that even a phrase?) and then felt like a total slacker, so here you go.  Yesterday was Thanksgiving, of course.  We ate, we were thankful, no one threw up.  'Nuff said.

--2--

Miss Birdie continues to cut teeth, so our nights have been utterly horrendous.  Between the upper and lower respiratory infection that continues to plague me and the night wakings, I'm seriously tired, and not a little overwhelmed.

--3--

Since Piglet has been home since 1:00 on Wednesday, that means that the boys have pretty much been fighting non-stop since then and it is only 3:16 on Friday afternoon.  Still two more days until Monday morning.  Send help!!

--4--

Somehow I got myself back into making my Christmas cards by hand this year--the last two years I've done them using the My Digital Studio software, which I love, but I was scheduled to participate in a vendor event for Christmas stuff, and made a ton of Christmas cards to sell, then was too sick to attend, so now I have all these cards and no justification to spend more on digital designs.  I still have about half my cards to make, but that is fairly manageable, I suppose.

--5--

I also have to write our annual Christmas letter because I am one of THOSE people.  The last few years my letters have tended toward the snarky/funny end of the spectrum, and now I feel all this PRESSURE to perform.  I'm not sure this year's letter is going to live up to expectations, but whatever.  It is what it is.

--6--


I've also spent the last few years avoiding shopping venues on Black Friday just on principle.  I get sensoried out easily, especially in crowded places, and I don't enjoy shopping that much to begin with.  We don't spend much on Christmas gifts, and our Christmas is so much later than the West (January 7) that it doesn't really make sense to do Christmas shopping this early.  I'd rather shop online and have it delivered right to my door because I'm creepy like that.  But today, I took Piglet to see the holiday show at the Comcast Center, and then we braved the crowds to go to H&M to get a few clothing items for Birdie.  In and out in 15 minutes, so not too bad.  The show was fun as it always is, and I'm hoping to get both boys to the Macy's show sometime this season.

--7--

And my card:




 I've been trying to make a dent in the retired designer series paper I have lying around, so I've been making simple cards for From Our Hearts like a madwoman in my spare time.  This uses the retired Mocha Morning Specialty paper, and while it is hard to see on the photo, the black parts are flocked, which is a nice dimension to the card.  I love the simplicity of this card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!