Greetings on Memorial Day! This morning I planned to take the kids to Cherry Hill Mall to allow my toddler to run off some steam in an air-conditioned environment (it is pretty steamy today) and my husband decided at the last minute to come along too! It ended up being a good thing that he came along because my toddler was in a mood, having woken up at 5:15 a.m. this morning, and while not usually prone to tantrums, was having a hard time this morning. I'm still glad we went, however, because it was air-conditioned, Piglet got his energy out and is now collapsed in bed, and the baby is peaceful for the moment. Perhaps I'll get a nap myself after my own early start!
One of my projects this month was to finish the baby's birth announcements and mail them out. I know in the era of Facebook and Shutterfly that hand made birth announcements are a little anachronistic, but I'm contrary that way. I enjoyed designing them and putting them together, and I think they just add a little something-something over the mass-produced kind. (Besides, as a SU! demonstrator, I could hardly in good conscience order something mass produced!)
Anyway, I had put together the first two layers and tied all the ribbon knots in April, so that once the baby was born, all I had to do was print the front layer, crop and adhere it, and put on the ribbon and photograph. That worked well, I thought! I love this color combo, which you may recall from this card. I wanted something that would be gender neutral, but also bright and fresh. This palette completely fit the bill!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!