Monday, May 17, 2010

Good-bye to Old England Forever

One of the things I did with my mom last week during some of those marathon nursing sessions was to rewatch (for about the umpteenth time) was The Thorn Birds. I adore that series and the book. Some things just hold up well over time. Plus Richard Chamberlain is so delish. I must confess, I have a thing about hands--good hands are just so sexy on a man. And I must say, Richard Chamberlain has gorgeous hands. The rest isn't too shabby either! :)


I've had the theme song running through my head since then, but this morning I woke up with the song that the sheep shearers sing as they are leaving Drogheda after Luke wrangles an invitation to stay on as a stockman (hence the title of this blog post). I can't find a video of it, but here is the Thorn Birds theme from Henry Mancini.





"So where's my card fix today?," you are asking. I know, I know; I should be meeting the public's need for eye candy, but alas, I have nothing to share today. Between nursing the baby, managing my toddler, and my (new!) digital camera turning out to be defective and needing replacement (argh), I'm all done out! I am slowly working on the birth announcements, though, and hope to be able to share those with you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh...this is my FAVORITE movies of all time!Richard Chamberlain was hot in this series. (whew! Is it warm in here?)lol

    ~Wendy Hawkinson
    www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!