Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anniversaries

Today my mom flew back home (sniff, sniff). So now I have to start figuring out how to do this thing solo. Well, at least Boo is a better nurser and calmer baby overall than Piglet ever was. That makes it a bit easier, I suppose.

Last Saturday was my husband's and my fifth wedding anniversary, so we tried out a restaurant in the neighborhood that we've been meaning to check out: The Rose Tattoo Cafe. It is actually an historic building with original pressed tin walls and ceiling plus lots of great original wood work and stained glass fixtures. The food was very good (even if the service was a tad slow) and we had a nice time. I just put Boo in the carrier and off we went, leaving Piglet home with my mom. The day before, I made a card for the occasion, and while I'm happy I was able to get it made, I'm not totally thrilled with the result. Post partum mojo hit, I guess. My husband liked it, though, so that is what matters, right? I wasn't going to post it here at all, but my mom said I should, so here you go.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! The color combination is striking! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your little one, Juliana! I have been wanting to check your blog and kept forgetting, so I apologize for the lateness. He is a cutie....and I am sure you will do just fine. Lots of emotional ups & downs while those hormones are readjusting, but you have the experience of one already, so just settle in and enjoy the experience. Love your card....it is sweet, and I don't use that stamp nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!