Saturday, December 19, 2009

Two more originals


I'm listening right now to Sting's latest album, a lovely winter-themed beauty, featuring a few ancient English/Northumbrian carols, but is mostly about the season of winter, which is my favorite time of year. It invites contemplation by the fire, hands wrapped around a mug of steaming cider, curling into oneself before the gentle unfolding of spring. My son is banging puzzle pieces and a set of dud keys around and the little inhabitant of my womb is nudging me gently to remind me of his presence.

I find contemplation can lead to originality (sometimes it just leads to garrulousness, but that is another discussion!) so I have two original designs to share today. The first was the result of my desire to use up as much of the holiday-themed dsp I bought this year. I liked the way the branches looked like a tree and thought that Delightful Decorations ornaments would look nice hanging from the needles.

The second was another go at using up Merry Moments dsp (I've really made quite a good dent in my pack by now) and to use my new Garden Green ink. I wanted something that was kind of monochromatic and showcased the dsp a bit.

1 comment:

  1. very nice! hope you're enjoying this day of being snowed in!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!