Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On a Starry Night


This is the card I submitted to "Aunt" Karen Barber's black magic contest in October. I didn't win this time (boo-hoo), but I had to save the card until the winner was announced. So forgive the double post for today, but I wanted to share the card. I've been experimenting a bunch with black magic the last few weeks and have learned a thing or two since I made this card, so look for those creations in the early weeks of January.

One extra thing that I tried on this card is a lacquer technique where you smear the whole paper with versamark and clear emboss it twice. I thought it gave this card a nice look to it. The only thing is for some reason, the clear emboss powder that I have, from day one, has always left white speckles on whatever I'm embossing, so who knows what that is about. I did think it made the card look like a starry night, so I left it be. Hopefully my next container of emboss powder won't have that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!