
I made this card a few weeks ago and was saving it for the post-December 25 blahs that inevitably hit. Winter cards are hard because you are in between, even though I love this time of year. The wind chill this morning was in the teens! I normally love really cold weather, but this year I'm struggling a lot with being cold (pregnancy hormones, gotta love 'em) so the extra cold outside isn't just my favorite thing right now, but I do love the crispness of the air and the way the sky looks when the mercury drops below 20 degrees F. Makes me miss Moscow!
Anyway, this card is based on a card by Jen Sannes, but I couldn't do without a layer or two, so I added in the Red Riding Hood layer and substituted RRH taffeta ribbon for the striped grosgrain she used. I also thought it would be nicer to have the glitter look like snow on the branches rather than falling snow. I also used this template for a few of my Christmas cards, subbing in Merry Christmas for Thank You. Nice quick card, if a bit messy!
Supplies:
Stamps: Branch Out, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Red Riding Hood, Soft Suede
Paper: Kraft, Red Riding Hood
Accessories: RRH Tafetta ribbon, Two-Way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, paper piercing tool and mat pack.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!