Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I need more texture!


I was going through cardstock scaps the other day and found a card-front sized piece of chocolate chip card stock that I had dry-embossed using a borrowed Perfect Details Texturz plates and a borrowed Big Shot this summer and never used on anything. I set it aside, thinking I needed to save it for something good.

I ran across this nice layout on Heather Yates' blog (hers uses snowflakes), but I was sick of making Christmas cards, so I decided to make a generic card instead. As I was pondering color schemes, stamps and such, I found that cardstock piece again, and suddenly I realized I had "something good" to use it on! I know this is a muted kind of card with an unusual color combination, but I think it reminds me of early winter, when all the trees are brown, those misty mornings when it is cold and gray.

Supplies:
Kraft, chocolate chip, bordering blue, whisper white cs
pocket silhouettes stamp set
chocolate chip ink
scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle punch
kraft taffeta ribbon
perfect details texturz plate/big shot
dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!