
Crystal, of Crystal's Crafty Creations, posted a version of this card over the summer and I saved it in my idea file because my dad loves antique cars, I have an antique car stamp, and I'm always looking for masculine card ideas. I had intended just to use the basic sketch, as I didn't have the specific dsp she used, but then I received a bonanza of retired dsp scraps in September from my fellow Philly Inker, Kristin Kortonick, and realized I could make the card as is! My car stamp is a bit different from Crystal's but it worked nonetheless. I will confess to a moment of ridiculousness--her card had this cute gasoline can charm attached, which I thought made the card. So I did some hunting and found one on ebay--but it cost more than the card! Sometimes you do these things for the sake of the art, right? That's what I tell myself anyway. I think the result is worth it. I'm going to save it for a rainy day when I need to send my dad a card.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!