Monday, July 13, 2009

A Calm Fall Morning Emboss Resist Card

I love this technique, thanks to Michelle Zindorf's lovely blog tutorials! This card definitely owes a debt to her lovely creations as well as to Renae Wilson's card, which was in turn inspired by Sandy McIver's card. Whew! Okay, so now that everyone has credit where credit is due, here's the card! I don't have a brayer yet, so this was all done with sponges using a circular rubbing motion. I also used Michelle's technique of loading the stamp with versamark first and then with classic ink (wow is that a savings on all those craft inks!) I actually made two cards, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it!


And for the recipe:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Red Riding Hood, Whisper White
Inks: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Red Riding Hood, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie marker, Brilliant blue, Bashful blue, versamark
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Flowers in Silhouette
Accessories: Heat gun, clear emboss powder, sponges, white gel pen, 1 1/4" circle punch for mask, torn paper scraps for masking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!