Working on my striped beret--my first go at colorwork! I've got a few more color rows done since I took the photo, and will probably be ready to start decreasing soon. It is coming out nicely!
The book is by Judith Flanders. I'm only a page or two in, but already I'm fascinated. She discusses how people who speak languages that make a distinction between house and home (European and Finno-Ugric languages) have a different understanding of those things than people who speak languages that don't make a distinction (Slavic languages) I'm very curious to see where she goes with it, because I find myself pondering domestic matters often lately, wondering how to simplify and other related things.
Nothing to do with knitting, but the kids were home for the snow yesterday, and during quiet/nap time in the afternoon, I found the boys reading together on the bean bag chair. These sorts of moments are actually kind of rare between them. Piglet has gotten to be a fairly decent beginning reader, and was reading Dr. Suess to Boo.
And a vintage lovely for your Thursday morning. I'd wear either one!
(In other knitting news, I've worn the blue 1930s-inspired sweater a couple of times now and have concluded that a) it is too small and b) it is too itchy for my sensitive skin. Oh well. It was a good learning experience)
Linking with Ginny for Yarn Along!

Well, we learn from our knitting! fun book... language is fascinating! love that pix of the two boys; very precious.
ReplyDelete