Sunday, February 15, 2015

~wiws~ late 1910s props

Doing the FLAP thing, as the linky appears to be up again!
Not much to say about this outfit except that I've worn it a lot lately, and wore it to church this morning because it was below zero with the wind chill and extremely windy (gusts up to 50 mph at times!)  I was glad we stayed in town for church this morning instead of attempting our normal hour-long drive to New Jersey and back.  I was extremely cold while taking these photos!


And apart from the gauntlets, I made absolutely nothing I'm wearing.  


And I'm kind of okay with that.  This whole vintage thing started as a thrifting expedition after all.


I'm also a big fan of showing what I actually wear, instead of what would have looked best.  My brown lace up boots would have looked better, but it was too cold for them, so out came the black faux-fur lined boots which are much warmer.  It is hard to see, but I have an off-white long sleeve t-shirt under the blue shirt and gauntlets, which is just the right amount of layers.


My Orenburg shawl is getting a lot of wear this winter, after many years of neglect!


Details:
Oatmeal colored scoop neck tshirt: Old Navy
Axcess knit cardigan: ThredUp
Brown leather belt: etsy
Pierre Cardin Wool Blend Skirt: ThredUp
Gauntlets: Swish yarn in Lava, me-made
Orenburg Shawl: bought from a Russian babushka on the side of the road in Nizhni Novgorod, 1998
1940s Alpine Hat/Hiking Boots pin: via Charlotte at Tuppence Ha'Penny
Earrings: etsy
Crochet cloche hat: etsy
Tights: Foot Traffic classic cotton tights in Mocha Heather
Boots: Payless



4 comments:

  1. Love! That shawl is beautiful. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of my faves and it is because of how you are wearing the shawl. was smart to stay home. Much love!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly delightful outfit you have there! It make my heart so happy!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!