"Because real trust isn't about availability — it’s not just about someone physically being there — its about the fight they will make on your behalf."
This quote resonates with me to my very core. I couldn't agree more and can't help but wish that certain people, including some of my closest family members, had read and learned to live this principle when I was growing up. Thank you for sharing - I can't begin to tell you how timely this quote is for me, as I was discussing much the same thing with my husband (who embodies it exceptionally well) just a few days ago.
♥ Jessica
*PS* Thank you deeply for your understanding, wise words on my post about opening up about myself online. I love that you touched on the point about how not having anyone (or almost anyone) respond to what you said being as bad, or perhaps even more painful, than if negative words are said. That's so true and I think it's a substantial part of why many of us are leery of really putting ourselves out there for all the world to see.
You're a smart, wonderfully lovely lady and I appreciate your online friendship and that we're able to relate to many of the same struggles in life. I'm always here if you ever need someone to talk to about anything.
This quote resonates with me to my very core. I couldn't agree more and can't help but wish that certain people, including some of my closest family members, had read and learned to live this principle when I was growing up. Thank you for sharing - I can't begin to tell you how timely this quote is for me, as I was discussing much the same thing with my husband (who embodies it exceptionally well) just a few days ago.
ReplyDelete♥ Jessica
*PS* Thank you deeply for your understanding, wise words on my post about opening up about myself online. I love that you touched on the point about how not having anyone (or almost anyone) respond to what you said being as bad, or perhaps even more painful, than if negative words are said. That's so true and I think it's a substantial part of why many of us are leery of really putting ourselves out there for all the world to see.
You're a smart, wonderfully lovely lady and I appreciate your online friendship and that we're able to relate to many of the same struggles in life. I'm always here if you ever need someone to talk to about anything.
Thank you Jessica! I appreciate that you take time to comment (and leave such terrific comments!) and for your online friendship as well!!
DeleteWords to really let sink in. I read it three times in a row and am still deeply moved.
ReplyDeleteI know! I keep re-reading it to myself, to think even more on it. There is so much to plumb in that small line.
Delete