Ready for more link-love? Here you go!
I was all set to write a review of Sarah Chrisman's Victorian Secrets, and then Atomic Redhead beat me to the punch and basically said everything I was going to say. Well done.
From The New Yorker: Snoozers are Losers. Why hitting the snooze button is making you feel less rested in the morning. Food for thought.
From Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing: 90s Fashion is Now Vintage and I'm Okay with That. I'm not interested in discussing the feminist movement, but I do think Gertie has some interesting observations about how our imagery of women has changed in the last 20 years, and possibly not for the better. Worth thinking about anyway.
Earlier this year, Jen Fulwiler (of Seven Quick Takes fame) discussed her thoughts on having more children. As usual, she is thoughtful, insightful, and gave me much to consider.
Christy of Fountains of Home writes (in an older post) about the end of a difficult pregnancy, and articulates many of my own thoughts about my last two pregnancies.
I saw this haunting photo essay sometime last year, and I still revisit it from time to time. It captures so much about the post modern, post secular urban experience.
Caitlin Moran offers her insights into the female urge to eat in "I know why the fat lady sings"
Kathleen Basi writes about her (Catholic) family's approach to introducing sexuality to children in a way that is healthy, Biblical, and age-appropriate. I'm taking notes over here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!