Doing a different link up this week--I am planning on a Bright Week Edition of Quick Takes tomorrow, but I thought I might give Pretty~Happy~Funny~Real over at Like Mother, Like Daughter a try for the first time. I usually don't take enough photos of "regular life" to make a full blog post, so haven't participated up to now, even though I always enjoy reading their posts!
~Pretty~

I'm really not supposed to eat berries with a lot of seeds because of my gastroparesis, but lately I have been craving strawberries like crazy. The organic ones from Driscoll have just shown up in the grocery store and they are delicious! (I know it is technically too early for seasonal strawberries here on the East Coast, but I say pregnant girls get to have what they want in the third trimester). I have to restrain myself or face the GI consequences. I bought an angel food cake and some whipped cream (it is Bright Week, after all!) to make a nice dessert with them for the weekend.
~Happy~

It's the little things in life that can make such a difference. I have two little boys and one big one who CONSTANTLY slam the toilet lids in this house. It drives.me.bonkers. The noise (on top of the normal kid-chaos noise) is just over the top, and I find my tolerance for unnecessary noise is pretty low right now. Earlier this week, my husband stopped at Lowes to buy a toilet (more on that below) and bought toilet seat bumpers at the same time. What a beautiful thing! And so simple to install! And so much quieter!! Whoever thought them up deserves every penny he has made.
~Funny~
Birdie has turned into a two-paci girl lately. She doesn't actually suck on a paci that much, but she likes to have them both clipped to her dress, and she always wants two. The conversation goes something like this:
B: Paci! Paci!
Me: It is clipped to your dress.
B: (putting one in her mouth and the other in her hand) Two!! Two!!
Or alternatively, when I'm getting her dressed in the morning, she wants to hold both before I put her clothes on. It is sort of weird and funny and cute all at the same time. Sometimes she even puts both in her mouth. Oddly, she doesn't appear to do it for soothing or comfort, at least not the way the boys did/do. More like a comfort object like a stuffed animal. Strange kid.
~Real~

We have a toilet in our living room right now. Not a functional one, because that would make sense. In our house one must climb stairs to do anything--get into the house, use the bathroom, go to another room, etc. Those forty-seven stairs must be used every day, all day! No, we have a toilet in the living room because the third floor toilet needs replacing, and my nine-months pregnant self couldn't help my husband carry the darn thing up three flights of stairs. (I have to say, it really classes up the living room--not in quite the same way that the decorative toilet in our college Sonshine campsite did years ago, but still, it has its own charm).
So the plumber is going to do it sometime today. Yay for that! We've had to call Roto-Rooter twice in the last two months for that dumb thing, and it acts up a lot for no apparent reason. There is a weird hook in the base in the toilet that I suspect is the problem, so hopefully this new one will be better. As I said, it's the little things.
:) So cute about Birdie :) the little things make ALL the difference! so glad! yay!
ReplyDelete