--1--
![]() |
| Yes, there is a baby in there! (Incidently, the blanket is the one that my mom brought me home from the hospital in; we've also used it for the other three) |
She sleeps a lot, and seems to be a better nurser than any of my other kids (knock on wood), but it is hard to say what sort of baby she will turn out to be as we've not yet passed her actual due date of June 8. I'm hoping she stays a calm peaceful baby, but nothing in previous experience would lead me to expect it. In any case, I'm really enjoying having such a quiet immediate post partum experience--I'm tired but not delirious, and my skin isn't crawling from 18 hours of non-stop nursing and crying. We'll take it!
--2--
She mostly sleeps all the time, but has about an hour in the early evening where her eyes are open. She looks a bit like my newborn pictures, and favors Boo quite a bit.
--3--
Coming home from the hospital--she was almost too tiny for the car seat. They had to do a test at the hospital to make sure she was able to breathe in the seat.
--4--
--5--
Hanging out with Piglet. For the purposes of this blog, I'm going to call her Ponchik. (It means donut in Russian. I lived with a Russian family that had a cat called Ponchik and I thought it was cute. It kind of suits her. I've also called her Chicken Little a few times, because she is so tiny, but I'm sure that won't last!)
--6--
Birdie isn't quite sure about this new little person. She is excited about the baby--"Baby!! Baby!! Baby!!" but doesn't quite know what to do with her.
--7--
We named her on the 8th day, as is our Orthodox practice.
--Bonus (because I can't help myself)--
Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!





She is so beautiful and I cannot wait to see you and meet her!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little girl! Congrats, Juliana!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is adorable.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteback in the blog world! so excited about her!!! she is so cute!!! and in our prayers! :)
ReplyDelete