--1--
Did you miss me? I'm feeling good today because it is raining and 70 degrees. Yes, friends, you read that right. Raining and 70 degrees. I'll take it! After several weeks of hovering near 100 degrees with 80% humidity, yes, I'll take it. While I've tried to be a good sport about the heat this year, this week made me want to do my best Wicked Witch of the West impersonation.
--2--
One of the frustrating pieces of news we got last week was that we couldn't safely install the window AC units in our windows. Our windows have small ledges on the outside, and there isn't anything to brace the unit on, plus they would be on 2nd and 3rd floor windows, and so a big fall risk. As the heat rose, we decided to splurge on a floor AC unit for our bedroom, easily the hottest room in the house. If the rest of the house is in the low 80s, our bedroom will be in the upper 80s. It hasn't been cooling down well at night either, so off to Lowe's I went! I would like to state for the record that I bought the last unit in the place, carried all 66 pounds of the beast across the street, up four stairs to the house, and then up to the third floor. Just call me Rosie!
--3--
On Wednesday, our parish had its annual feast day for St. Elizabeth the New Martyr, which was also Birdie's first namesday. The bishop came to our church to celebrate with us and ordained my husband a subdeacon while he was here. I brought the two littles to the service long enough to see the ordination and then a little bit of the liturgy, but Birdie melted down pretty quickly, so we high-tailed it home for lunch and naps.
![]() |
| The prayers for ordination. |
![]() |
| Vesting as a subdeacon. |
--4--
Boo seems to be quieting down a bit the last few days and was very good all day on Wednesday. I'll take what I can get, especially as Birdie is now Into. Everything. She is crawling, pulling up, almost cruising and refuses to be restrained. She looks to be a firecracker!
--5--
![]() |
| Click on it to embiggen. |
My cousin and another friend had their second babies this month, so I've been making baby thank you cards for them when I have a few extra minutes. I did a bunch of watercoloring last week and made the cards using the Nursery Times set (I made two of each image) and then used Baby Prints for the other set to keep it simple.
--6--
You know how little things make life easier? Our second floor bathroom toilet paper holder has given us no end of trouble since we installed it five years ago. Because the studs are too far apart to drill both ends of the holder into a stud, the one side kept falling off. It didn't help that the boys were using the holder as a jumping bar. So after some deep consultation with Mr. Fix-It (aka my dad), we decided to purchase a wooden plaque to mount the holder, and then screw said holder into the wall. Done and done. It seems solid!
--7--
Oh yeah, it is my birthday on Sunday. A lady doesn't discuss her age, but let's just say that me and Jesus at the time of His ministry have one thing in common (and it isn't sinlessness...)
Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!







Happy early birthday!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards and Birdie is just so cute!!!
ReplyDelete