Monday, April 30, 2012

Just Believe

Last summer, shortly before Birdie's birth, I made a bunch of cards using the set Just Believe.  It took me almost a year to purchase my "must have" set from the catalog the year it came out.  Funny how that works!

I was thinking about that set this morning and this song popped in my head:


Anyone else out there have fond memories of Newsboys?  I went to a couple of their concerts when I was in high school and they were fun.  I think one time it was Audio Adrenaline and Newsboys together and man, it was loud, and fun, and all the things you like to go to see when you are a teenager.  I'm sure now I'd probably find it overwhelming and overstimulating, but I'm getting old.  I'm noticing a lot of gray hairs lately. But that's okay.  Just part of the deal.  I'm thinking about going blond this summer just for something different (not to cover the gray--why fight it??)

Speaking of hair, I'm experimenting today with a 1960s bouffant.  Next week my husband and I have to go to the annual end-of-year faculty dinner, and I'm planning to wear a vintage 1960s dress.  I thought it would be fun to have hair to match.  I want to try another bouffant style before I decide, but in the meantime, here's my attempt for today. 


And on to the card parade:

CASEd from Julie Davison.

CASEd from Lynn Pratt.

CASEd from splitcoast.

CASEd from splitcoast. (You can't see it very well, but the base is Not Quite Navy).

CASEd from Lynn Put.

That's all for me today!  

3 comments:

  1. I think the newsboys were my second official concert:0) after seeing Jars of Clay at college, I went to see the newsboys, also during college, my junior year. so I was a little late in starting attending concerts:0) they are fun, I still enjoy them from time to time. what a great stamp set that I won't be taking advantage of! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cards are great! I am loving the pop of color from your belt :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!