I've had this card in my head for almost a week now, and finally got around to making it last night. The layout is from a completely different card I saw recently, but I thought that it would work well with Artistic Etchings! I recently purchased this set, and I gotta say, I don't know why it took me so long to get around to this one--I really like all the elements in it. I ended up making my own background with the little flourish in the set, plus the script writing in French Foliage. It is subtle, but I really like it. And since there are a lot of collage-like elements in front, I didn't have to be so fussy about whether the lines were perfectly straight. Because I'm a quick and dirty stamper that way. :)
I decided on the congratulations sentiment because our dear friend just earned her PhD yesterday and I thought this would be a great card to give her for the occasion. I'm sort of hoping she doesn't read my blog regularly so she'll see it in person before online, but even if not, it is still fun to get a card!
And because I love you, I even have a supply list! (Go me.)
Supplies:
Paper: Poppy Parade (retiring next month...sniff, sniff), Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, French Foliage, Occasional Quotes (retired hostess set)
Inks: Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede (for sponging edges), Black Staz-On
Accesories: Paper snips, sponge wedges, 2 3/8 scallop circle punch, 2" circle (using circle cutter, but could use Circles #2 die), top note die, dimensionals
Vintage Trinkets
Basic Black satin ribbon, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!