Friday, May 4, 2012

7 Quick Takes: Early Edition



--1--

It is 6:57 a.m., and I've been awake since before 5:00 a.m.  This sounds worse than it is, because for the first time in approximately 15 years, my body apparently has remembered how to sleep through the night.  No bathroom breaks every two hours starting at 2:00 a.m., nothing.  Just uninterrupted sleep.  This happened twice in the last week, and while it was nice, it was also strange.  It also meant that my husband was getting up three times with the baby.  I'm feeling only slightly guilty about it.

--2--

Now that I can eat soy again, I've developed a rather unhealthy addiction to soynut butter.  I think the I.M. Healthy people have reformulated their butter since I last was able to eat it, and it is much better!  No more oil separation, or the complete inability to stir it together.  Now it is just lovely creamy goodness.  It is even better eaten off a spoon topped with chocolate chips.  Never mind that my mother once described it as tasting "like the inside of a barn smells." 

--3--

Boo turned two on Tuesday.  I keep hoping that he is going to grow out of the current frustrating stage he is in. On the upside, he received the absolute perfect gift this year--a wooden shopping cart.  If there is one thing that kid loves, it is push toys.  We got him some play pots and pans, and that was also a hit.  He has been pretending to cook all week, and asking me to cool down the hot things in his pot, either by blowing on it, or sticking it in the freezer.  I know if ever we are missing one of the pots, I will know where to look!  

--4--

Last week a professional organizer came over to help me tackle my ridiculous linen closet and the cabinets under the bathroom sinks.  I'm a fairly organized person on my own, but I have a few spaces in my house that I just can't seem to organize myself.  I take everything out, look at it, try to put it back in in a better order, space, etc., and nothing seems to help.  I've spent five years staring at our linen closet (which isn't even a normal geometric shape, by the way), completely unable to sort it out.  Rebekah just rolled up her sleeves and dug in, completely undaunted.  I sort of can't believe I paid money to have someone help me with this task, but she was great, and I feel so much better about those spaces now.  The bonus was that after watching her work, and thinking through those spaces a little more clearly, I'm better able to think through a few of our other problem spots in the house.  I may still have her come over to help me organize the toys, but I'm feeling less frazzled about our storage.

--5--

Birdie is on the verge of getting a tooth!  I can feel it just below the gum line, and she is chomping on everything.  She's also doing quite well these days--her breathing has gotten much quieter, and she is stronger than a month ago.  She's rolling over pretty well, starting to be able to sit up with assistance, is tolerating the Bumbo very well, and even will consent to be in the Johnny Jump Up for short periods.  Since we are at the end of the cold/flu season, I'm hopeful that this summer will be a good time of developmental progress for her.  Her physical therapist said she has come a long way this past month, despite the hospital stay.

--6--

After Birdie has PT this morning, we're off to Target to check out their itso line.  Rebekah recommended it for the space next to my desk, which is admittedly an inefficient catch-all.  I've had a tray table sitting there for several years, but frankly, it hasn't ever worked well for me, and I really need some compartmentalized shelves for the space.  I'm hoping that the itso line will work.  

--7--

This is my May swap--our meeting isn't for another week or so, but I just had so share it because I think it is so neat.  I tweaked it from a design I saw on splitcoast.  I'm so glad this set is sticking around!  (By the way, the new catalog will be live on June 1st--if you want one, just let me know and I'll send you one).



Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, sleeeeep. I love it when my husband gets up with our son. (I justify it by remembering that he's a light sleeper, and he'd be up, regardless!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!