Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Putting one foot in front of the other

I must confess, I'm so unmotivated lately. Not just about stamping and creative work, but about everything. I'm having a hard time catching up on lost sleep from Holy Week and Pascha, and all my boys (husband included) seem to be passing a cold back and forth amongst themselves. Kind of draining. On the upside, I got to see Water for Elephants in the theatre all by myself last night and thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the night out. Love Robert Pattinson, can't wait for Breaking Dawn in November!!

The card I wanted to show you today isn't photographed yet because it took me 3 hours to make! I had this vision in my head, but it took three tries to get it (and I'm still not certain I like the result), and by the time I was done with it, the good light was gone. So hopefully I can photograph it later in the week and get it posted for you. Maybe by then it will have grown on me.The card I'm showing instead is one that I'm quite pleased with! I made it a few weeks ago when I was coming up with original designs for the brayer classes that I'm teaching this month and next. This one took a few tries to get right, but I based the design on a very cool photograph I found, and went from there. I'm trying to focus on more original designs, especially for technique-type cards. I sent this card in the mail to my mail swap buddy for April, Nikki, a fellow Philly Inker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!