Thursday, May 26, 2011

MDS Birth Announcements

Boy, you'd think I have babies on the brain or something! I've spent some time in the last few weeks designing some birth announcement samples for my etsy store, and wanted to share a few with you. You can check out the listings by following the link to my store. There are four girl announcements and three boy announcements. This boy announcement is my favorite, I think. I love the modern feel of it. I got the color scheme from another birth announcement I saw on the web somewhere, and it kind of grew from there.


Did you know that when you purchase certain downloads for My Digital Studio (click to purchase), they come with a scrapbook page template? Pretty nifty! The Friends Never Fade stamp brush set (click to purchase and download) comes with a 12x12 scrapbook page template. I had also downloaded the matching Greenhouse Gala paper(click to purchase and download) so I could play around with the elements individually. I liked the layout a lot, but don't do 12x12 scrapping, so I started to modify it into a smaller scrapbook page, and then suddenly thought it would make a nice layout for a card, and then thought of another birth announcement sample. (So now you know how my creative stream of consciousness works...) So anyway, here is the announcement I came up with:

By the way, if you are PhotoShop savvy, or have another image manipulation program that you like (such as MS Publisher) you can purchase downloads for My Digital Studio without purchasing the MDS software. After you check out and go to download, there is a non-MDS download option. I will say, however, that the MDS software is a great buy, easy to use, and lots of fun to work with! I'm learning all kinds of new tricks (I just learned how to ruche my ribbon digitally, for example) and am starting to understand how to manipulate certain aspects of the program beyond the beginner stage. This could be addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!