Monday, May 23, 2011

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

One thing I decided when I started having babies was to make a scrapbook of each child's first year. I don't care for traditional baby books, but I do like having a record of each month in pictures, plus other mementos. I figured I could keep up with a project like that for each child if it was only a year and each month only had a page or two. I finished Piglet's book easily, and have had a bit more trouble keeping up with Boo's (in part because of my own inertia, not so much because of time). I decided this next baby is going to get a hybrid scrapbook--part MDS, part traditional scrapbook. I was going to do all MDS, but realized that there are always a few 3D items from the hospital that I like to put in the book, so I'll have individual pages printed from MDS, plus some pages I physically scrap myself. A good solution if I do say so.

I decided to start on the new baby's scrapbook tonight. I needed a project to work on, but was too lazy to pull out my crafting supplies, so off to MDS I went! I made these two pages of the ultrasound pictures I've had so far (I have to have a lot of early ultrasounds because I tend to have challenging first trimesters). I like how they turned out. I may change up the color scheme, depending on whether it is a girl or a boy, and depending on what the overall theme of the book ends up being, but I may leave it too. Both Piglet and Boo's books are a wild modge podge of colors and styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!