Friday, October 8, 2010

Smokin' Pink Hotrod

I know you are probably scratching your head over my post title, but sometimes titles come to me and sometimes, not so much. Today was so busy I've just now had time to write this little post. I spent the morning baking and cooking, partly for a little party we are having for Harry's feast day tomorrow (we are celebrating it early), and partly for dinners next week. I don't always have the foresight to cook ahead for busy days, but I was on my game today. So my whole house is redolent of curry. I will say that while I like the taste, I don't care for the smell. I made a lovely pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, but the smell of spiced pumpkin was no match for the curry smell of the Turkey Saagwala we are having on Sunday night. (Stephanos asked what I had made and I said Saagwala, and Harry said, "Go to Wawa?" Ha!)

Luckily, the weather was nice today, so I've had the windows open all day to try and air things out. I went and got my patootie kicked by my Pilates trainer (yes boss!) and then I worked on swaps for Monday's Philly Inker's meeting in between nursing and just holding the baby (he was in a mood today).



I made a bunch of these cards with some Haiku dp--I know the color combination is a little unusual, but I think it works. Gotta love that hot pink motorcycle!

Supplies:
Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, whisper white cs, haiku dp (retired)
Motorcycle (retired), tiny teacup stamps
Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip ink
Melon Mambo grosgrain (retired)
Curly label punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!