Thursday, June 2, 2022

Me Made May Weeks 4-5

Greetings from the swamp!  If you need me between now and October, you can find me in a heap of perspiration in any dark corner of my house.  (Just kidding.  Kind of).

The temps the last week have been ridiculous after a fairly pleasant week last week.  We had a weekend of gross upper 90s/high humidity, which was followed by a week of being able to leave the windows open all day, followed by another gross weekend that has morphed into a gross week.  It's the kind of humidity and heat where you start sweating the instant you step outside.  My favorite!  

I've been sewing like mad, since a lot of my summer clothes from last year don't fit well, so there's not been time to post.  I've got a backlog of projects to show, but I figured I should at least wrap up Me Made May before it gets ridiculous.


May 22-28~ 

Top row from left: 
Isla wrap dress (new, unblogged) 

Unblogged embroidered Remy (2021/22), rhubarb Elemental skirt (2021, but doesn't really fit me) 

Marlin linen Remy with gathered sleeve (new, unblogged), beet linen skirt (2021)

Bottom row from left: 
Abyss linen tshirt (new, unblogged), Agave linen skirt (new, unblogged)

Beet linen drop shoulder shirt (2021), agave skirt

Viking linen tshirt (new, unblogged), altered RTW denim skirt

May 29-31~

Top left: Indian block print voile Hinterland dress (new, unblogged)

Middle left: Meadow linen tshirt (2021), black pepper Free Range skirt hack (2021)

Bottom left: Indian block print voile top (new, unblogged); beet linen skirt (2021)

Right: Abyss linen tshirt, sage simple skirt (2021)

If you can't tell from the photos, I think my uniform this summer is going to be a linen or cotton voile tshirt and linen or voile Free Range skirt hack.  It feels good, looks decent, and doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out with heat.  (Always a bonus).  I'm going to remake the Hinterland into something that doesn't make me feel like 1995 is calling and wants its dress back.  Still, it was a worthwhile experiment.  I'll blog the individual new makes later this month, hopefully.


This week, I made a Driftwood dress (above) to wear for the Ascension liturgy/feast today, and it came out fairly well (will blog it properly soon). It's not my usual style, but it is surprisingly flattering and feels nice to wear. I'll probably make another from my remaining block print voile, with a few fit tweaks. A couple more linen tshirts and I'll be set for the season. I'm working on embroidering a white one I made three weeks ago and haven't worn yet.

I'd best get on with things before my day gets away from me too much.  Stay cool, friends!

1 comment:

  1. You've coordinated your ensembles so well. I'd been eyeing the Hinterland dress but had some reservations about the style, which you seem to share. Can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!