We are having a small run of mid-summer weather at the moment, so I'm in linen, linen, and more linen right now. Supposedly it is going to rain later today and tomorrow and bring the temps back into a more normal range for May. I just hope my fledgling strawberries don't cook!
Sunday (upper left): Bluebird dress (made in 2016, altered 2020. Probably oldest make still in my closet!)
Wednesday: lilac linen Remy raglan (just finished!), beet linen Free Range Skirt hack (2021).
Tuesday (upper right): dawn linen self-drafted drop shoulder shirt (2021), linen noil spruce Free Range skirt hack (2021)
Thursday (lower right): thrifted tank and jacket, linen/rayon black pepper Free Range skirt hack (2021)
Friday: Altered white linen Remy raglan (2021), sage linen/rayon M7353 skirt (unblogged)
Saturday: Meadow linen Sorrel shirt hack (2021), Purple Violet Squish skirt hack (originally made in 2019, hacked 2021)
Monday: altered thrifted tshirt, thrifted skirt. This outfit was very meh.
My Thursday outfit was for a meeting I had to run at school and I felt totally awesome in it. I thrifted that jacket months ago but have struggled to find a way to wear it. I'll keep this outfit in my back pocket!
I think I like the Purple Violet Squish skirt enough to keep it in regular rotation. It goes very nicely with the sage linen top, and probably will go with some other linen tops I've yet to make. I made the lilac linen Remy early this week (I think!) to get my feet into sewing garments again, since it's been a minute. I had just enough left over from a sewing student's project to squeak out the Remy. I had to piece a tiny bit of one sleeve, but it ended up inside the French seams, so it's all good. The color can wash me out a bit, so I made sure to have interesting colorful jewelry on near my face and that did the trick.
The sage linen skirt that I squeaked out of the leftovers from a Remy last fall turned out to be a good skirt! I was skeptical when I first made it and didn't even bother to blog, but I think it will be a lovely summer piece. My only regret is that I didn't have enough fabric for pockets, but since I got a skirt and 3/4 sleeve shirt out of less than 2 yards, I can't complain. The white linen top will be much more useful with short sleeves, I think. I want to do some tone-on-tone embroidery on it, but I keep waffling about the design. That said, I did really like it with the sage skirt, although I did risk blinding passersby with my burns in the moonlight skin and light colored clothes. Ha!
I finished the embroidery on my sage Remy raglan and will try to get a proper post about it soon. Since almost none of my summer clothes fit right now, I'm on a mission to make stuff and try new things. Yesterday, I made an Isla wrap dress out of some Indian block print cotton and cut out a cap sleeve Hinterland this morning, plus a simple linen top, so I should have new some things to post soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!