Thursday, March 17, 2022

Inside Out

 This make was an exercise in piecing.  I'm not sure it is an entirely successful make (not because of the piecing), but I mostly like wearing it, so I guess it is okay?  


I found some heavy cotton sweatshirt type material in what I thought was going to be a dusty pink color but turned out to be sort of a clayish pink. The reverse side, however, was a nice saturated sienna, so I decided to go with it, as the saturated side looked much better next to my face.

My original intention was a Toaster, but I changed plans after receiving the fabric and decided to try for a Coco instead, since husband really likes my blue wool Coco dress and I thought it would be nice to have another in a brighter color.  

That meant I was a bit short on the yardage, but I figured if I'd made it with the same short yardage in the wool version, I could do it with this.

I'm not really sure why it was harder to make the pieces fit on the yardage, but I had to piece the sleeves to even get to 3/4 length, and at that point, I figured I might as well piece all the way to long sleeved cuffs.  I ended up taking off the last piece to turn inside out for a contrast cuff, which I like better than my original iteration.  

I also pieced a reverse border to get the extra length I lacked.  I thought about turning the neckline to the outside for the same contrast there, but decided against it since that clay color really isn't great next to my face.  

I do kind of like the texture of the fleecy outside and smooth knit inside (which admittedly is less warm than I anticipated, but will make for a decent shoulder season piece). 

Given the hot flash issues, it was probably the right call.  I recently thrifted an oversize sweater that I think will look good with it and warm it up more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!