Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day Part II

I tried to get this up yesterday, but: mom duties.  (Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy 2.5 minutes all to yourself!)  

With a non-walking Boo and 7-day-old Birdie in the carrier. Oof. Those were hard days.
I ended up looking through baby photos of my kids while looking for photos of my mom, and so in honor of Mother's Day (yesterday), here are some favorite photos of the kids who made me a mom.

With newborn Piglet
Piglet, around 4 months
With Piglet in Moscow at Gorky Park, around 16 months
With newborn Boo.
This is a particular favorite of mine.  Piglet and Boo, 2 and 2 mos. respectively.
Boo, 7 mos. 

Newborn Birdie.
With newborn Birdie. Photo by Emily Photography.  (Em is a college friend and her work is gorgeous!)
Newborn Birdie.  She was such a stinker during this photoshoot--refused to sleep, wanted to see what was going on all the time.  Radioactive brain already at less than 10 days old!  Photo by Emily Photography.


Birdie on Pascha morning, around 8 mos.  This was the first or second time sitting in the Bumbo for a few minutes and able to hold her head up!  She had been on medication for about 2-3 weeks at this point, but still landed inpatient for a week a day later.
Birdie, probably around the same age.
With preemie newborn Ponchik.  She was about a month old here.  Photo by Emily Photography.
Newborn Ponchik.  Photo by Emily Photography.
With Boo at Ponchik's baptism.  She was just over 40 days old.

Birdie and Ponchik, in one of my first sewing attempts for the two of them using a random remnant from my gram's stash.

Birdie, right after Ponchik was born.
With Ponchik, around 2 months old.  Unintentionally matchy-matchy.

Double baby wearing with Birdie and Ponchik.  I did this a lot with Boo and Birdie, because Boo wasn't walking when Birdie was born, but I don't have any photos.  Suffice to say, it was the chief reason for my stress fracture that year.

Da girls.  Ponchik was around 6 months here, I think, and Birdie just over 2.

With Ponchik.  She was my first true Mama's girl (although Boo sort of was/is) and couldn't stand to be separated from me.
Boo and Ponchik around Pascha just before her first birthday.  Boo was close to 4.

The only ultrasound photo I have of Philip.  It is pretty grainy because we received the actual x-ray film and had to photograph through a window.  His head is to the right side of the image.  He was waving his hands the whole time.
Ponchik, about 13 mos.  It was her first time on grass and she was very perplexed.  What you can't see in the photo was Boo sitting nearby to keep her company because he could tell she was nervous.
Boo sitting nearby to provide moral support.
Da boys.  That same summer.  Boo was four and Piglet was 6.
A lot of these photos are or were framed on my photo wall in the stairwell, and remain favorites.  I remember the chaos of having all babies and toddlers, and am glad that the kids are all weaned and potty-trained, and we are now in the "older" kid phase, but sometimes I miss the squishy softness of their younger days. 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these photos - which are adorable! I take it you are not into posting recent photos to preserve their privacy (hence the pics without faces) but it's so fun to be able to put a face to a name. Is Ponchik the youngest? Also - I love that you included your photo of Philip. I do love that name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly it. There are a couple of other reasons I can't share here (that also play into that decision!).

      Piglet is the oldest, Ponchik the youngest. Piglet, Boo, Birdie, Ponchik. :)

      Delete
  2. Love these photos, I too can put faces to names :-)

    The one with the two girls in matching outfits really made me smile. I have a few photos of my older sister and I in matching mum-made outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this so much. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!