Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day Part I

Happy Mother's Day!  Go hug your mother if you can.  
(Or go for the awkward side shoulder squeeze if your mother is weird about hugs like mine--ha! She's great at lots of other important things, don't worry!)


Where to start with my mom?  She has worked through many hard things through her life, and I get my dogged persistence from her, among other things.  (For better or worse--sometimes I don't know when to let something go).  We had a hard time understanding each other when I was growing up, but as adults, we've figured some things out, and I'm so glad to have a mom like her.

She gave all my kids their first at-home baths.  With Piglet.
With Boo.
With Birdie.  I'm not sure why I can't find Birdie's first bath photo!
With Ponchik.
She is hardy and resilient, a tireless caretaker, maker of many crafts, lover of flowers, crosswords, puzzles, chocolate (the sweeter the better!), wedding cake frosting, and lemons.  She will be the first to rush head-long into a raging storm to save someone she loves from drowning, heedless of the danger to herself.

With Birdie (who had just soaked my mom! Hence the grin.) Photo by Emily Photography
With teeny-tiny preemie Ponchik
 When my sister had her first baby, she wasn't sure she was ready to be a grandmother, but by the time my children arrived, she was an old hand, and very happy to be called Grandma Honey.

Doing counted cross stitch with Birdie in her lap.  Classic multi-tasking.
 But to me, she is, and will always be simply: Mom.


Happy Mother's Day! 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!