~knitting~
I'm finally showing off my Seafoam Textured Shawl (after teasing it in multiple pics last week). This is the shawl I finished over the summer and put away for cooler weather.
I wasn't sure how well it was going to play with the other clothes in my closet, given the shade, but it actually is kind of my favorite thing right now.
It goes with so much, and some stuff that is maybe iffy, I'm like, it goes because I say it goes. Ha! I love the texture and the size, and the way it drapes--it's just right.
The Doocot is also coming along nicely. I've finished the body and am working on the sleeves. I'm through the decreases on the one side and now just adding length until the ribbing. The color is really off on the photo; it is a lovely shade of heathered blue. I am playing a bit of yarn chicken, though. I was short to start with, and bought two additional skeins to get up to the recommended yardage, but I just added the second to last skein and I still have a whole sleeve + neck ribbing to go, plus finishing the current sleeve. Might have to bite it and get another skein.
Next on needles is a Puddle Duck for Ponchik (stashed yarn to be determined), a raglan cardigan for Birdie (yarn also to be determined), and a raglan pullover for Boo from some stashed black-gray wool.
~reading~
Now that Scruton is off my stack, I'm on to When Breath Becomes Air, after a friend loaned me her copy and raved about it. So far it has been a gripping read.
Not much else to report this month. Made a few skirts, watched way too much CSI: NY and ignored my watchlist all together. I hope to get back to intelligent watching soon.
Linking with Ginny for Yarn Along!







Your shawl looks amazing! A great color choice and beautifully knit.
ReplyDeleteThis scarf is lovely - and the green is great. I played chicken with my Kate D sweater - the cardigan that everyone made (in my Rav). I ended up marling 2 colours and then transitioning to the second colour. I seem to have a stupidly high tolerance for making things with slightly less yarn than the pattern calls for.
ReplyDeleteI love the shawl and I especially LOVE the color. It looks really good with your outfit!! Super cute!
ReplyDeleteThe shawl is a gorgeous colour and I love the differnet textures - so effective.
ReplyDelete