![]() |
| via Orthodox Monastery Icons, google images |
I confess, it has been a long time since there has been a truly peaceful season in my life, and I keep hoping for one to come along. My prayers sometimes seem to fall on deaf ears, but I keep praying because the need is so great, and my spirit is so thirsty. If this discipline of prayer and watchfulness is training my soul to stay mindful of God, then it is all for the good. I do find myself impatient to be through this fiery furnace, to cool waters on the other side, but I am also curious to see what will be forged from this fire.
This season has been a season of great interior change--of expansion, a great tilling of soil. That process has been quite painful at times. In my quieter moments, I can see that things are somewhat better than they were even six months ago, and that all this digging deep with the children is producing some fruit, both in them and in me, but there are still a lot of days that feel Sisyphean. And maybe that is just life. The way it goes--a little bit forward, a little bit back, some days worse, some days better.
At some point, you get enough of the way down the road to look behind you and see how far you've come, but I think I'm not there yet.

life does have periods of real struggle, that's for sure. Beautiful icon of Job. He really is an example for us. been thinking of you and you and family are in our prayers. <3
ReplyDelete