Time for the fall rotation! I've been eager to start this rotation (as I always am very ready for fall and winter!) and I'm hoping this one works out well. But first, I should say, this rotation is also kind of a hot mess. Mostly because I'm still finding my way with my sartorial self at this juncture. I've moved away from dresses as a daily uniform, to shirts and skirts. I kept that in mind as I planned my fall, including my sewing plans. I'm not sure I've quite hit it, and this rotation is a bit heavy, but I also know that these three months undergo the biggest shifts in temperature (we are in the high 90s with high humidity currently, and will probably drop below freezing by December).
My skirts are almost all Everyday skirts, as I like this silhouette the best at the moment, as it is the most flexible and flattering. My marigold linen skirt got heavy wear last fall and spring, and I expect to wear it a lot this fall too. The olive linen was a favorite all summer, and will carry over nicely into the fall. The Eggplant Birch rayon (far left) is a bit of an experiment in refashioning; I'll write a separate post about the details of the refashion later.
I have two more skirts cut and plan to sew them up this month: an eggplant rayon/linen mix, and a heavy cotton cord in a lovely cider color.
My dresses are lean: the Kermes (for this hot ridiculous weather we are having right now), the Motherdress (also for this hot weather), Rennie (layered up when cooler) and Bluebird (also for layering when cooler). I can wear them now with a light cardigan to keep my arms covered.
I also have two knit dresses planned for the colder end of the rotation (M7353s of course!):
A plain navy knit, and the Splendid fusion knit by Art Gallery. I'm especially looking forward to wearing the latter.
I have a lot of shirts in this rotation, and I just couldn't seem to whittle them down. Some are better for layering under other things, some are better for warmer weather, some for colder weather, and so it goes.
Purple henley, blue striped knit shirt, green knit shirt, burgundy knit shirt:
Rust henley, Blue Forest blouse (unblogged), navy knit Battenberg shirt, chambray button down:
I'm unsure about the Blue Forest blouse and the chambray shirt for a variety of reasons, so we'll see how much wear they get. I'll blog about the former soon--it was another experiment in refashioning.
Various lightweight cardigans:
I may not need this many cardigans, since I'm wearing fewer dresses and all my shirts have sleeves, but I'd rather start out with them in the drawer and then find I don't want them than have to dig through when I need a light layer.
Heavier weight layers: (L'Enveloppe, green jacket, purple cardigan, navy cardigan)
The jacket was eight whole dollars with a coupon, and it is the perfect length for my short torso (the unicorn of jackets, really). I thought it was a low risk way to try something different this season.
Heavier weight pullover tops: blue cowl top, cream button up sweater, black layering shirt, gray wool sweater, paisley scarf.
The scarf has a lot of my palette colors in it, and I love the color combinations that will go with that scarf. I plan to wear it a lot! I'm also still at work on my second Hitchhiker, which has all the fall colors in it, and hope to wear it before the rotation is finished.
I seem to be able to write a lot about not very much these days. I do want to write a bit about what is going on with my weight and food life (it deserves its own post!) and have to blog some of these makes, but first I have to get my kids launched into their new school year this week and try to catch up on everything that got set aside this summer while they were home.
Over and out!
thinking of you! I esp love that h.h. scarf you are making!
ReplyDelete