One mistake rectified at least:
I used the same Lazy Daisy Jones pattern as for Birdie's namesday shirt, and she loves it! I even found a yellow skort on ThredUp that will match the yellow of the shirt, so I think she'll get a nice late summer/early fall outfit out of this! (It is exactly the same style as the blue skirt below and I had enough credits to pay for it. Win).
The shirt was fast to make and I reused all the bias tape I'd used on my blouse, so it was easy peasy. I think it took all of 45 minutes to cut and sew it. (It took maybe 20 minutes to unpick all the original stitching, but I had a friend over yesterday, so I sat with my seam ripper while she and I talked and our kids played together).
I also got Birdie's birthday dress sewn up at the same time--I had cut it out several weeks ago and the clock is ticking to get that thing finished! I ended up rolling all the hems to finish rather than using bias, and I rather like it in the rayon challis. I'll take more pictures once she wears it for her birthday.
it's really lovely! great re-use of the fabric! so glad!!
ReplyDelete