I almost didn't photograph this one. It is a little cowl that I bought the yarn for at the end of last winter, and worked on here and there all summer. It was a great traveling project because it was small and easily fitted into a bag. I took it to England when we went in July, and ended up ripping everything out and starting fresh because I made a mistake and couldn't fix it because it was in the round. It was a shame because I was a couple inches in by then, but what are you going to do?
I made this from Malabrigo Rios in the Glazed Carrot colorway, which is a deep burnt orange with some subtle variation. I mostly went with the Rios because it was the right color, not because I have a particular thing about Rios (although I do like it a lot). I wanted it originally for my canvas daisy dress (in my winter rotation) but it works well with my fall clothing too. As much as I love red, I think I actually get better use out of orange in my closet.
The cowl is sort of reversible, but I like the faux cables on the "right" side the best. It is an easy four row pattern and while I normally dislike working in the round, this was fine. I used exactly one skein of yarn and it is just the right size. I'd make the pattern again, I think. There is a lot of nice texture to give it interest and the knitting wasn't boring, but it wasn't too complicated that I had to think about what I was doing every moment. As I said: the perfect traveling project.
After a couple of stinker sewing projects, it is nice to have a viable finished object (although in truth I finished it a few weeks ago; it just now cooled down enough to wear it!)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!