I'm hitting up my separates this week, so today I give you, the chambray skirt. (And now for something completely different...the Larch)
This is in fact very much a Larch-like garment, being exactly like all the other skirts I made for this rotation. My original plan for a chambray skirt went terribly awry, when I realized that the fabric I bought on sale last fall for it was shirting weight and completely unsuitable for this type of skirt. I realized this after I had cut it out, so there was really no saving it. I could have made a dirndl-type skirt with it, had I realized ahead of time, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
I was able to find the same lovely chambray that I used last summer for my beloved chambray dress, and eagerly snapped up 2 yards. I actually cut this efficiently enough that I have enough left over to make another skirt when this one wears out or doesn't fit. All to the good.
Basically, I wanted a summer weight version of my denim skirt. I think I mostly achieved it. I did overfit the back just slightly, as you can see, but I think a few more pounds gone and that won't be an issue. I also think some of it was a function of the fabric being lighter weight than some of the other fabrics I've worked with this year.
One of the things I love about this chambray is that it is dark enough to hide some of my lumps and bumps, and also structured enough to work for a fitted skirt, but still light enough for summer heat. Chambrays are quite different, one to another, and this one met my requirements perfectly.
I did have to put on my girdle this morning for the smoothest fit, but it is still a decent skirt for all that. My goal is to lose 10 pounds this summer, so I don't mind if this skirt is just a tad snug.
I'm also pleased to report that my blouse, made last summer, fits MUCH better than last year. It was too tight through the shoulders and sleeves last year, and I didn't wear it much, even though I really love the print. I'm thrilled it fits this year.
In other news, endoscopy #5 went reasonably well yesterday, but this one included a different type of dilation, so I'm in a fair amount of pain today still. Yesterday was fairly awful. I couldn't even stand to swallow my saliva. I'm still having a lot of trouble getting anything down, as even liquids go down painfully. It is a little better today, so I'm hopeful that things will improve in a few days. If nothing else, it is a good spur to weight loss! #alwayslookonthebrightsideoflife
Just the facts:
Vintage lawn floral blouse: me-made last summer, modified Portrait blouse pattern, vintage fabric, vintage buttons
Chambray skirt: Anne Adams 9481, with McCall's 6361 pockets
Shoes: Dansko via ebay
(Forgot to put on any jewelry today--whoops!)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!