Ever have one of those days when you just can't get comfortable in your clothes? Today was such a day. I think I tried five different iterations (nope...nope...nope...NOPE) before settling on this outfit for church this morning:
The weather has majorly cooled down over the last two days, which is some of my difficulty--I always find transitional weather difficult. If I put on a sweater or tights in the morning, I want to wear it all day, and not worry that I'm going to roast in it by mid-afternoon. With temps in the 40s in the morning, but in the upper 60s or low 70s by afternoon, it is hard to find appropriate layers to wear. (Don't get me wrong: the weather is gorgeous, I'm not complaining that fall is finally here. I'm just saying it can be a challenge to dress for)
Anyway. A boring outfit that I could easily have worn 10 years ago. But I still like it.
Just the facts:
Shirt: Michael Starrs (via ThredUp)
Scarf: Target (very old)
Skirt: me-made
Boots: Modcloth
Earrings: etsy
Necklace: gift from a friend
Linking with FLAP for What I Wore Sunday.
This transitional weather is killing me, too - I just gave up mid-day and ended up changing my clothes because I got too hot! Same thing, 40s in the morning, 70s in the afternoon... Beautiful weather, but tricky! I love the simplicity of what you chose - great colors :)
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is awesome! I wear skirts at least 3 days a week, so I'm always on the lookout for good ones. Can't sew, though, so there will be no self-made creations for me.
ReplyDeleteI wear skirts or dresses pretty much every day (every once in a while I wear jeans on a Saturday, but pants don't look good on me) and I've finally gotten a skirt pattern that I like and fits well. This skirt was an early iteration of that pattern, so it has some minor fit issues that I intend to address this winter. But yeah, it is one of my favorite skirts!! I've been wearing it a lot lately.
DeleteSuper hard to know how to dress right now!!! very cute outfit!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic colour palette! I love a great burned orange/rust hue like that, especially during fall, when it's one of the most natural of course choices. This whole elegant outfit looks marvelous on you, sweet lady.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs & the happiest of fall time wishes,
♥ Jessica
Aw, thanks! I get compliments on that skirt all the time. I do wear it a lot, although I discovered today that my waistband alterations are going to need doing sooner rather than later as it is def. getting too big in the waist to look right!
Delete