Oh, look, another Portrait blouse.
*yawn*
What can I say? I'm primarily interested in making wardrobe staples/closet basics. For me, that means a lot of Portrait blouses, plain cardigan sweaters, unfussy skirts, simple dresses.
I made this over the weekend from fabric from another of my favorite fabric designers: Denyse Schmidt. Her designs are inspired by the feedsack prints of the 1930s and 1940s, and I just adore her work. The fabric tends to be a bit heavier weight than Cotton+Steel, but it is nice for cooler weather.
This is from the Shelburne Falls collection, and is one of the plaid colorways. The design is bias printed on the straight grain, so the finished product looks great, but isn't a lot of work on the front end. I probably should have done more to match the design at the side and shoulder seams, but I thought about it way too late in the process, and it really isn't that noticeable anyway. No construction details to note, just a straight forward blouse. I could have given this one a side zip and some darts for shaping, given the crispness of the fabric, but I decided to just keep it basic and simple.
I have one more blouse to make and my fall sewing will be done! I'll probably get the other one sewn up this week; it is cut out already. I'm just waiting on some coordinating bias tape for finishing.
I will say that the prednisone I had to take for my throat last week has caught up with me in a big way the last three days, and I'm feeling rather swollen and crummy today. I'm hoping it passes very soon.
Just the facts:
DS Plaid blouse: Portrait blouse
Navy twill skirt: me made
Navy cashmere/cotton cardigan: Banana Republic
Andrei Sakharov pin: Sakharov memorial museum, Nizhni Novgorod, Russia
Earrings: vintage, etsy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!