I've said it before, I'll say it again: pants are not my best look. I currently own two pairs--my green swing trousers that I'm actually pretty happy with, and a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, bought largely on the recommendation of Brittany from Va-Va Voom vintage. I've been wanting to try a pair of 1940s-style jeans for a while, since I used to wear jeans a lot, but the Freddie's price tag and international shipping has kept me from taking the plunge. I do prefer dresses and skirts, and I have a pretty hard-to-fit figure for jeans, so I really don't want to pay that much money for something that may or may not fit right, and then not be able to easily exchange it. I also have realized that my sewing skill set is just not up to jeans at this point, so I'm saving the denim in my stash for now.
Enter the Amanda jeans. I figured at the amazon price point, and easy return shipping, I could give them a whirl. I wish the ones with the contrast top stitching had been available when I ordered mine, but otherwise, these are fine. I don't love the center front fly (I think a side closure is more flattering on me), but I do need to figure out what to wear with them (I'm thinking a fitted, cropped knitted jumper would work well). I think that's what I liked about Brittany's styling--she had a pretty fitted knit top with her jeans. I should try them with one of my French Breton shirts when the weather cools just a bit more--today was the first day that could be called "fall-like" in several weeks; I'll take it!!
The Amandas are fairly similar in look to the Norma Jeans from Freddie's, actually. They are comfortable, the rise is actually high enough on my crazy rise, and they don't gap badly in the back like almost every other pair I've ever worn. They do have a fairly high spandex content in them, and the denim isn't very thick, but again, for the price, I'm satisfied. I bought an 18 regular, as I intended to roll the bottoms, although I think if I get another pair, I'll buy a tall because I'd like to be able to cuff them twice. I also think I should try them with a belt or something to define the waist a bit more. I ended up leaving my shirt untucked all day because I couldn't decide what looked better (I worried that the tucked in version looked a bit mumsy given my figure). But perhaps I shouldn't worry about that much. Anyway. Pants. So there.
Outfit deets:
Gingham Portrait Blouse: me made
Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Jeans: Amazon
John Horse Brooch: Acorn and Will
Strawberry earrings: Modcloth
Dansko sandals: ebay
Glasses: Zenni Optical
I think I commented but can't remember ... do love these on you, very nice, flattering and they look comfortable too!!!
ReplyDelete