Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Talking Tuesday: Karyn Thurston

Today's quote comes courtesy of blogger Karyn Thurston, and with this one line, I realized how much time I spend putting value on easy and painless things, and how very wrong it is.  There are some things that are valuable regardless of ease or not, (like making a nutritious meal), but the emphasis that I tend to put on the easy is not right.  I give up too quickly if something is hard or painful, and I'm missing out on the opportunity to learn and grow from that pain or difficulty.  I'm missing out on the chance to change.



"We have got to stop telling people that things should be easy and painless. We live in a culture that equates ease with value -- the easier it is, the better it is; if it hurts you, something is wrong. Reality check: sometimes things that are hard and painful are also really, really good."

~Karyn Thurston, "10 True Things About the First Year of Parenthood" on Huffington Post, November 11, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Wow, jumped over from This Felicitous Life and what a great great great quote. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!