I've made this a few times now, and it was good each time! I got the recipe from Real Simple magazine, and I didn't really change it much. The second time I made it I used mini zucchinis, and crumbled up some feta cheese and that was especially nice, as all the pieces on top of the tart were the same size.
Sausage-Zucchini Tart
1 package puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farms and used both sheets)
1-2 T. Dijon mustard
1/2-3/4 # mild italian sausage
2 regular or 6-8 mini zucchinis
1 block light feta cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place thawed puff pastry on them. Prick all over with a fork. Spread Dijon mustard over crust, leaving a 1/2" margin. Cook sausage in a skillet, breaking up into small pieces. Do not over cook. Remove from skillet, and spread crumbles evenly over pastry. Slice zucchini and add to the skillet (do not remove oil first!) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover skillet. Cook until zucchini sweats a little and starts to look translucent. Remove from skillet and spread evenly over crust. Break up block of feta and divide between crusts. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices before serving (I usually cut each square into 6--in thirds one direction and in half the other direction so each piece has a bit of crust on the edge)
.
Makes 12 large pieces.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!