Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Birthday card for Emmabug

My niece turns 9 (yikes!--where did the time go??) next week.  Her birthday always catches me out because it tends to fall toward the end of Lent or sometimes during Bright Week, depending on the year, and I just forget about it in the busyness of the season.  This year, however, her birthday falls squarely mid-Lent, so I have no excuses!!  I decided to make up her card this morning so that the week wouldn't get away from me and I'm going to try and drop it in the box later this morning when I go out to get my hair cut.  (Don't worry, just a trim, nothing drastic...)

I had in mind to do a fairly intensive card for her this year (you might remember the castle card I made for her last year), but I just don't have a lot of creative mojo (or energy), so I went with a pretty and simple card instead.  She is a girly girl, so I think she'll like it.  I'm hoping to find some stickers or something light and flat to include with the card.

Oh, and I totally CASEd this card from Sandi McIver--she used Regal Rose, I think, instead of Pretty in Pink, but I wanted mine to be a bit softer.

Supplies:

Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White cardstock
Summer Silhouettes, Friendly Phrases stamp sets
Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!