Monday, January 21, 2013

Fan Fair

I know this one is a repeat, but it was the first card I made with this paper.  CASEd from Sandi MacIver.


I admit, the first designer series paper (dsp) to catch my eye in the big catalog this year was Fan Fair.  I loved the whole suite--the accompanying stamps, the projects depicted on the page, the whole she-bang.  It was one of the first suites I ordered last summer.  And then, it just...sat.  I altered a notebook with one of the sheets, and CASEd a card I liked from Sandi McIver, but that was about it. I made our scrapbook for Austria in MDS using the Fan Fair photobook layout, but I just couldn't get into the stamps and paper that much. 


  Tweaked from splitcoast.

At the beginning of November, I set a challenge for myself to use up all the dsp I bought this year.  I started with all the random scraps of dsp I had lying around from previous paper shares, and packs of paper from last year or the year before (yikes!) that I never used up completely.  I showed most of those cards here.  Then I worked my way through the Orchard Harvest suite from the holiday catalog this past fall (I'll show those cards later this week or perhaps next week).  After that, came World Spectacular, which I showed you last week.  Then I bit the bullet and dove into Fan Fair.  I started with the samples in the catalog, and things just kind of went from there.  Most of these cards are original, but some are tweaks of things I've seen on splitcoast, and a few are straight CASEs (Copy and Share Everything).  Like World Spectacular, Fan Fair had two sheets of printed embellishments suitable for cutting out and using on cards.  I probably didn't explore the full potential of those embellishments, but for the most part, I'm happy with the results.  So to make a long story short (I know, too late...) here's the Fan Fair card parade:

 This one used World Spectacular for the blue background, but was mostly Fan Fair.  Tweaked from splitcoast.

 Using up the cut out embellishments...

I had a bunch of these "happy day to you" tags cut out from another project, and it was time to use them up!  I was happy the colors coordinated so well.
 
 

 Look Ma, no stamps!

Not sure I like this card, but whatever. Can't win them all.
 
I think the background on this one looks like antique wall paper.

Tweaked from a splitcoast stamper--I used the overall idea, but changed a bunch of little details.
 
Another splitcoast stamper tweak.
 
 Inspired by splitcoast.

 Basic idea is from the big catalog.

Another repeat, I know!  But I love this card so much!!
 


 This is a direct CASE of Ann Schach's wonderful original; I've seen several iterations on the interwebs.  I changed the sentiment and simplified the stamping on the mugs (because I made 12 of these--that would have been a TON of coloring)


This card was that rare time I wished I still had a stamp set--You're a Gem would have been perfect for this card, as it had a sentiment that said "The key to my heart" or some such.  Oh well, I made it work.


This is the altered notebook I made earlier this fall and never got around to posting.  I am really pleased with how it came out, and it was so easy!  Just a little bit here and there, and done!  Most of the design is from the paper--I just added the postage stamp, the little bit of paper doily, scrap of ribbon, and the red framelit edge (oh, and the carte postale stamp on the front and back--it is non-SU!, sadly). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!