Saturday, January 19, 2013

7QT: Princess Bride Edition


--1--

Pregnant, or too many donuts?  Hard to tell... 20 weeks
Let's just get the big stuff out of the way on the first one and make it official in the blogosphere--we are expecting another baby come late May or early June!  I'm 20 weeks today, and while the ultrasound technician couldn't get a good enough image for a print because the baby was moving around too much, I did take a (not very good) photo this morning wearing my new vintage repro dress.  It fits, but it probably won't in a week or so.  However, I think it will be a good fit next summer when I really need it anyway (and super nursing friendly with the big buttons!)  And it has pockets!   A total win.

--2--


Now that we have that out of the way, let me descend into complete frivolity.  My children have been sick most of the week, and I've been feeling only so-so.  As such, I've had lots of time to catch up on movies and shows.  I'm now caught upon CSI and CSI: NY; I've sort of stopped watching Scandal.  I enjoyed it so much last season, and I was enjoying it this season until mid-November, and now I've just kind of lost interest.  I finished rewatching Alias the week before the new year, and rewatched a few musicals this week (Brigadoon and Funny Face).  I introduced my husband to The Princess Bride this week--he was surprised to find he liked it.  (duh, says I).  Now, let's fill the combox with quotes from the movie, shall we?  Ready, set, go.  I'll start: "Tryone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I have my country's 500th anniversary to plan for, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it.  I'm swamped." "Get some rest.  If you don't have your health, you don't have anything."

--3--


I also watched The Counterfeiters one day last week.  It is a German film about a Jewish master forger who is held in the concentration camps during WWII and then forced to counterfeit dollars and pounds for the Nazis.  The film is based on a true story, won a bunch of international awards; the whole story is gripping and terribly sad. I highly recommend it.

--5--


My husband and I are also slooowly making our way through Downton Abbey, season TWO.  (So don't give me any spoilers if you are already watching season three--I've accidently read enough in The Week and  FB that I don't want to know any more!!)  We'll probably finish the season about the time this baby shows up because that is how we roll.

--6--

I have to say that the twelve days of the Feast have knocked me on my you-know-what.  I have no motivation to stamp, barely enough energy to get out of bed in the morning, and I stare at the wall a lot of the day.  I read a completely ridiculous novel on the kindle app of my ipod and can now feel my brain leaking out of my ears.  
Boo's potty training is going reasonably well, given everything that is going on, but he absolutely, positively will not do anything for me.  For my sitter or my husband, he'll go on the potty happily and willingly.  For me, nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Just a tantrum and possibly a mess on the floor (or in his brother's bed, as happened yesterday during naptime...I was Not. Pleased).  It is frustrating to me, to say the least.  But then, Boo is the most like me in temperament, so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

--7--
 

I know, nothing really special about this card, but I still like it for its simplicity.  I had the watercolored image lying around since last summer (or spring--yikes!) and decided to use it up at last.  Colors are Pear Pizzazz and Island Indigo, with an Early Espresso embossed strip.  Fast and easy!

Leave your favorite TPB quote and then go see Jen for more Quick Takes!

3 comments:

  1. Hello from rural Australia, Saw your "Princess Bride" image and it brought back lovely moments when I was a teenager in the 1980s watching Princess Buttercup's adventures. I remember being fascinated that the giant in the movie was in fact 'Andre the Giant' - one of the real life wrestlers on that awful WWF wrestling show that my younger brothers loved (meat-head wrestlers jumping on top of each other and slamming each other in a wrestling ring - honestly!). Enjoy "Downton Abbey" series 2 - it's terrific. I love the brown ribbons and background texture on this page. I joined Conversion Diary's 7 Quick Takes fun for the first time today. If you're interested my 7 Quick Takes link is:

    http://www.heandiandme.com/search/label/7%20Quick%20Takes%20Friday%20hosted%20by%20Conversion%20Diary

    Keep the faith and God Bless, El Salero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again from rural Australia. Had to tell you that your 'Princess Bride' post inspired me so your link to Princess Buttercup's 7 Quick Takes is part of my post at

    http://www.heandiandme.com/search/label/7%20Quick%20Takes%20Friday%20hosted%20by%20Conversion%20Diary%20-%20Do%20you%20remember%20the%20first%20time%20you%20saw%20movies%20%27Princess%20Bride%27%20and%20Colin%20Firth%27s%20portrayal%20of%20%27Mr%20Darcy%27%3F

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your coming little one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!