Thursday, March 22, 2012

Somebody stop me!

Anyone who has read this blog for the last few months knows we've had a tough go of it lately.  And I say, when the going gets tough, the tough start stamping!  I've had long periods of staring at the wall these last months, punctuated by short bursts of intense card making and baby book scrapping activity.  I'm hoping that the bursts of creativity become part of my norm again, and that the staring at the wall part becomes rare, but for now, I'll take what I can get.  Those days that I get a creative boost, I've been thinking of as my "Somebody stop me!" days.  I can make 10-20 cards in a day on those kinds of days!  Craziness, people.  Utter madness.



What I realize about those bursts is that I don't actually get very many of those cards posted.  Granted, most of them are tweaks of other people's designs, or straight up copies, but I still think they are worth sharing.  I used to have a one or two card limit for blog posts, but I've decided that in the interest of getting the cards posted in a timely manner, I'm going to be posting more cards per post, but fewer posts.  So my plan going forward to is to keep on with the Quick Takes on Fridays, plus one other post a week.  And then we'll see.  As we are still adjusting to the new normal of chronic illness in this household, I don't know what my spare time is going to look like in a few months.

That said, I'm also going to be skimping on the details about the cards.  I know I have a few readers that really like having all the details, and I'm sorry about that.  If you really must know how to make a card, please e-mail me and I'll be happy to send them along.  I'll post supplies as I have time.  I will try to post the source of inspiration or original card, but sometimes I don't know, so if this looks like one of yours, let me know and I'll give credit where due!!

So, for today, we have a Really Big Show (insert Ed Sullivan waving his hands here). Today's cards feature Sale-A-Bration products (ends March 31), or something from the Twitterpated Suite in the Occasions Mini catalog (ends April 30).

 
Tweaked from a card from my upline, Claire. Can't decide if I like the blue or green ribbon better!

 CASEd with a small tweak from Jen Arkfeld

CASEd from Wendy Weixler

I've seen several iterations of this card around the blogosphere, so I don't know who the original creator is.

CASEd from Jan Tink 

CASEd from Mary Fish. 

 Dress idea from Lynn Pratt (card design tweaked from her original).
CASEd from Splitcoast (Grandma Overboard) 

 CASEd from Julie Davison

Tweaked ever so slightly from Diana Gibbs.

Tweaked slightly from a design by Melissa Davies 

CASEd from Mary Fish. 

 Tweaked from a design by Gretchen Barron

Make-n-Take from Spring Fling, designed by Claire Lawrence. 

 
CASed from Mary Fish.

CASEd from Cindy at Pretty Impact. 

Tweaked just a bit from a card by Jenny Petersen. 

CASEd from splitcoast (I think--no watermark on the original photo)

 CASEd from Linda Callahan (PPA)

CASEd with a small tweak from Nance Leedy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!