I spent this morning doing a lot of the administrative catching up that one needs to do after a week away (returning phone calls, checking e-mail, ordering stuff, calling the pharmacy, buying groceries, and so on), and have putzed around this afternoon not really getting anything done. I did laundry while we were traveling, but somehow have two loads worth to do in spite of it. Oh well. I'll probably get to it later today.
Today's card is one I made two weeks ago whilst cleaning out dsp scraps and making cards for the troops. I had a 3" scrap of dp left from several years ago that I liked but couldn't think how to use, and remembered a layout I've been playing and with thought it would work well. I think it is a nice masculine card for any occasion. I'm not sure whether stamping the sentiment directly on the dp was a mistake or not, but I'm leaving it for now. I sponged the background of the tree with Baja Breeze, and then around the edges with Chocolate Chip to take down the brightness of the Whisper White some.
Supplies:Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White cs, retired dsp
Plant hope, Sincere Salutations stamp sets
Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze classic ink
Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon
sponge wedge
Framed tulips emboss folder/Big Shot
it was not a mistake;0) i like sentiments stamped on background paper like that;0) it's a great card.
ReplyDeleteglad you had a great trip!!
ReplyDelete