Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Too tired to tango...

Ever have one of those days when it just seems like too much energy to put one foot in front of the other? The last few days have felt like that to me. My husband has been gone 4 of the last 5 days, and I'm starting to feel it. I don't want to change one more diaper, feed one more jar of baby food, clean up one more mess of toys on the floor, wash one more load of laundry, or carry a 20+ pound child up 3 flights of stairs anymore. le sigh. Boo is getting up at 4:30 most mornings right now and is awake and talking (loudly) in his crib from then, and is also waking up around 10:30-11:00 p.m. with night terrors, so I'm sort of getting it at both ends right now. To say I'm in a creative slump would be to insult creative slumps. I'm hopeful that once my husband's next Supreme Court case is over, and all the attendant chaos, that things will settle and I'll get my brain back. Or maybe not. All my brain cells seem to have done the pregnancy migration south to the placenta. But enough crabbing about all that.


I'm so excited to share these two cards with you today! I finally forced myself to get out my brayer and inks and get creating! I've had a file of photographs that I thought would make good brayer-type cards for a while, and even though I look at the file from time to time, it has just seemed so overwhelming to me to actually get out the ink and brayer and make something. But I was determined to create something original today. I had one spectacular fail that went straight into the recycling bin, but the other two I'm quite pleased with. I was so excited to show them, I had to photograph and post them right away--I'm sure some of you who read this blog will understand that impulse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much!!