I had an early ultrasound yesterday and the baby's heartbeat was fast and strong and everything appears to be developing on schedule; we are very grateful for the good news.

The card above is how we told our families the big news. I designed it using My Digital Studio, had it professionally printed as a 5x7 postcard, and then mailed it off! Luckily, the cards came with envelopes, because I'm not sure what the postmen would have thought about delivering such a card. I got the Save the Date idea from somewhere on the web; the suggestion was to make birthday party invitations, but I realized when I was in the middle of designing them that some people might take it literally and show up at the hospital. Not ideal, in my opinion. So I tweaked it to be a Save the Date card, which I think works even better! And I love this color combination--nicely gender neutral. We like to wait until the baby is born to find out the gender and while I have my suspicions about the gender based on our dates, we'll be happy with whoever God sends us.
WOW!!! I'm doing the math in my head because our babies are so close in age...wow!! Congratulations!! I hope your first trimester has been good so far and that you aren't feeling too sick!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! That is wonderful news :) We're also expecting not too much before you (August 6), and it's also #3 :)
ReplyDelete